Core Leadership Competencies
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Intentional creation of a diverse faculty workforce within a collaborative, supportive environment that encourages and promotes participation from all team members
- Data and practice driven transparency of department’s DEI goals
- Established ongoing faculty DEI Education & Training
- DE&I rewards and recognition
- Established URM and diverse faculty recruitment practices
- Documented improvement in URM, IMG and diverse faculty and faculty leadership recruits
- Do you consider the faculty in your program to be highly diverse in their makeup?
- What personal learning in the area of DEI and antiracism have you and/or your program undertaken?
- How have you demonstrated building a DEI community is a priority for you?
- How do you measure progress in DEI in your program?
- What is your most successful DEI focused recruitment effort for your program.
- What are your program’s year-over-year trends in faculty diversity and equity?
Pediatric Leadership Insight
- What is a Diverse Search? - Pediatric Insight: Passing Leadership Wisdom To The Next Generation Topic: What is a Diverse Search? Listen to what the Council has to say about the definition of a diverse search, preparation, selection process for best outcomes, candidate pool development, establishing purpose and metrics, executive firm expectations and more. Don’t have time to watch the full […]
Articles [to come]
Books [to come]