Core Leadership Competencies
Effectively foster institutional and faculty research aspirations and accomplishments
- Established culture that encourages all faculty towards a question to be answered that will improve care
- Appropriate diverse research portfolio with associated external faculty funding
- Established institutional “bridging” support program for faculty
- History of successful mentorship yielding quality of research contributions
- Established culture that meaningfully recognizes scholarly contributions and their impact on child health
- History of program participation in available national collaborative trials and collaborative groups
Have you completed a research strategic plan for your program?
What are your programs research goals?
Describe your program’s research support portfolio and your program’s research productivity as measured against the program’s research goals.
Do you provide ongoing granting support for your faculty?
Can you describe your most successful research mentee?
Describe the national and regional research collaboratives in which your program participates. If none, which collaboratives are your best opportunity for advancing research in your program?
How do you encourage team science?
How have you incorporated DEI or health inequities in your research programs?
Pediatric Leadership Insight
Articles [to come]
Books [to come]