Core Leadership Competencies
Creating clinical cultures known for excellence in the delivery of high-quality patient care
- Top quartile patient satisfaction scores
- Top quartile faculty engagement scores
- Top quartile patient outcome national benchmark scores (appropriate by specialty)
- Established plan for continuous quality and patient safety improvement
- Documented provider of choice
- Ongoing effort to maintain or achieve US News Ranking(s)
- What clinical quality measures do feel are most important for your program?
- Do these measures align with your hospital partners.
- What are the clinical strengths and weaknesses of your program? Provide 3-5 steps for improving each weakness.
- Do opportunities exist to build clinical expertise and competency?
- What metrics, rating services, … do you utilize to determine patient satisfaction, quality of patient care and position in marketplace?
- How do you assure that your clinical programs are equitable?
- Describe a quality improvement initiative you successfully led for your program.
- How would you rate the safety of your care delivery?
Pediatric Leadership Insight
Articles [to come]
Books [to come]