Core Leadership Competencies
Fostering the development of people skills and the wisdom necessary for effectively addressing leadership, operational and personality challenges
- Established mentorship program for new and current faculty
- Established coaching resource utilization plan for “problematic faculty” and as a part of an established faculty leadership development program
- Established plan and protocols for managing challenging faculty/staff interactions?
- Established cadre of mentors and external coaching resources
- Established sponsorship to support mentorship and coaching initiatives
- What are the coaching/mentoring opportunities for faculty in your program?
- Do you have a mentoring program specifically for new faculty?
- Is coaching and mentoring valued at your institution? Are surveys conducted to make certain these programs are functioning effectively?
- How do you manage challenging faculty/staff interactions?
- Are executive coaches available for faculty leaders at your institution?
- Describe the successful mentoring/coaching experiences you provide to faculty.
- Who was your most important mentor and why?
- Do you currently have mentees?
- What was the most interesting/important feedback received from a mentee?
Pediatric Leadership Insight
Articles [to come]
Books [to come]