The CareerPhysician Difference
Our team at CareerPhysician is intentional in our commitment to a boutique approach to executive search and leadership development. Our 20+ years of success can be attributed to our unique approach and consultative model that ensures the highest level of personalized attention to our clients and candidates.
Our team understands better than anyone the impact world-class physician and executive leaders have on the lives of children and families and recognizes the indelible impact transformational leaders have on developing high-functioning teams capable of delivering strong fiscal performance and academic achievement.
We tailor our leadership search and retention processes to the evolving cultures and strategic plans of client organizations to ensure their ability to attract and secure leaders from among the top 10% of national and international candidate pools.
Our team has successfully completed 400+ academic search and leadership engagements. Clients rely on our innovative platforms for passive candidate engagement and an unmatched track record for completing complex academic search and leadership development assignments.
In partnership with the Child Health Advisory Council, there is not an academic search or leadership development challenge we have not encountered.
Clients rely on CareerPhysician’s innovative platforms for passive candidate engagement and an unmatched track record for completing complex academic search and leadership development assignments.
- Our team has successfully completed 400+academic search and leadership engagements.
- We excel at proactively and strategically engaging top 10% of candidates.
- Dedicated to the entirety of the physician leadership lifecycle and have developed a novel leadership succession model, identified by national thought leaders to be the gold-standard in recruitment, retention and development.
- We have created the gold standard in academic search and leadership development and are committed to the enduring success and career progression of current and future executive physician leaders.
- In partnership with the Child Health Advisory Council, there is not an academic search or leadership development challenge we have not encountered.
- We tailor our leadership search and retention processes to the evolving cultures and strategic plans of client organizations.
While many firms have chosen to focus on specific specialties or leadership roles, CareerPhysician has historically focused on search excellence and search methodologies that allow pediatric academic client partners to attract and retain transformational leadership talent regardless of specialty or role. Since 2000, our focus has remained on tailored process excellence versus a cookie cutter, one size fits all offering.
Wesley D. Millican, MBA, CEO and Physician Talent Officer, established a firm in 2000 with a passion for improving the lives of children and their families through the recruiting and retention of transformational leaders for its children’s hospital, college of medicine and academic health system partners. Originally MillicanSolutions Inc., the firm was sold to AMN Healthcare and reestablished as CareerPhysician, LLC in 2020, after meeting contractual obligations of the sale.
CareerPhysician is committed to empowering physicians, their academic colleagues and partner institutions in making smart leadership and talent acquisition decisions at every stage in leadership development and executive search processes. For additional information about CareerPhysician and its offerings, please contact:
Wesley D. Millican, MBA
CEO and Physician Talent Officer