Core Leadership Competencies
Developing dynamic faculty cultures that promote professional wellness, cohesive teams and the retention of faculty talent
- Has a department mission/vision statement that demonstrates core values of the department.
- Builds professional skills of faculty and staff.
- Demonstrates concern over faculty personal success and well being.
- Established on-boarding and mentorship program.
- Consistent understanding of the established core values of the culture.
- Ability to adapt to significant external changes (i.e. COVID, environmental disasters….).
- Actively champions a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- What word describes the culture of your organization?
- What programs have you developed to actively promote diversity, equity and inclusion?
- Do faculty wellness programs exist? If so, how they are structured, evaluated, etc?
- What initiatives have you led to improve faculty retention? Describe a retention challenge that you successfully managed.
- What special programs have been developed for faculty development?
- What mechanisms do you have for provider satisfaction, performance of meaningful exit interviews, process to resolve disputes?
- What measures have you taken to ensure your culture continues in the face of COVID and/or other external challenges?