Core Leadership Competencies
Creating inspirational cultures conducive for training the next generation of faculty and academic physician leaders
- Protected time and salary support for faculty contributions to educational mission
- Innovation, continuous improvement, annual reviews and rewards structure
- Established efficacy measures for faculty engagement with trainees (% who go into a program after experiences)
- Established metrics documenting that graduates exemplify program’s educational goals
- Outstanding program graduates choose to accept open faculty positions within program
- Established trainee career mentorship program
- Diversity in trainees and educational leaders
- What’s the mission statement (include goals/importance) for your educational program?
- How have you chosen the educational leadership in your department?
- Do your faculty have “protected time”/effort support for their leadership in educational programs?
- What innovations have you initiated in your educational programs?
- How do you monitor the quality of your education programs?
- How do you personally interact with students, resident and fellows?
- How do students rate their educational experiences?