Core Leadership Competencies
Creating inspirational cultures conducive for training the next generation of faculty and academic physician leaders
- Protected time and salary support for faculty contributions to educational mission
- Innovation, continuous improvement, annual reviews and rewards structure
- Established efficacy measures for faculty engagement with trainees (% who go into a program after experiences)
- Established metrics documenting that graduates exemplify program’s educational goals
- Outstanding program graduates choose to accept open faculty positions within program
- Established trainee career mentorship program
- Diversity in trainees and educational leaders
- What’s the mission statement (include goals/importance) for your educational program(s)?
- How have you chosen the educational leadership for your program(s)?
- Do your faculty have “protected time”/effort support for their leadership and/or participation in educational programs?
- What innovations have you initiated in your educational programs?
- How do you monitor the quality of your education programs?
- How do you personally interact with resident and fellows?
- What initiatives do you utilize to improve retention of your residents and fellows?
- Is your program highly rated by students/residents/fellows for their educational experience with your program? If not, what measures can be taken to improve?
Pediatric Leadership Insight
Articles [to come]
Books [to come]