Modifiers may be used to indicate to the recipient of a report that:
- A service or procedure has both a professional and technical component.
- A service or procedure was performed by more than one physician and/or in and/or in more than one location.
- A service or procedure has been increased or reduced.
- Only part of a service was performed.
- An adjunctive service was performed.
- A bilateral procedure was performed.
- A service or procedure was provided more than once.
- Unusual events occurred.